Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hello. My love for vinyl...

Washington to Arizona...what a HUGE change!  I was born and raised in Arizona and have NEVER lived outside the state. Boy...was I missing out.  Here I am 30 years old (yeah, i'm THAT old) and can definitely say, this was just the change we needed.  I'm sure there will be some not so good weather days as Seattle is known for them, but so far so good.  With that being said a few weeks ago I was milling around on Pinterest, yes, that site IS my best friend, sorry Dustin; and I came across this cute little door from Ginger Snaps.
cute front door

Dont you just LOVE it?  When we found our house in Washington, it had a red door and this EXACT handle...it was meant to be, right?  Right!  So...I followed the pin, which usually lead you nowhere, and got to Ginger Snaps who doesn't make it anymore but definitely left directions on how she made her wreath!  I can't find the tutorial right now but it's a wire wreath with a 6x9 painters cloth cut in 2x12 strips and tied on!  Anyhow, if interested, you can buy the vinyl here.  Or you can wait and purchase it from me at some point...i'm gonna get a Silhouette!  So, I made my wreath in Arizona, and had my vinyl waiting for me in Washington!  Here is my front door:

I still have some little things to do, such as painting the door handle, making a new house number display and possibly turning those light fixtures to point down...just looks off a bit, no?  So, there you have it...my first "craft" post!  I'm sooo beyond excited!

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment